Woken by socks

Dear knitblog,

I know I've been bad at updating you. I didn't knit from March through October. But I've started again. Working on a blanket now. All placid and black hole. And what I would like to cite as a sign of obsessive attachment:

I was woken up tonight by a pair of socks.

Not just any socks, but a sock pattern pretty enough that I can use my Knitpicks pretty-pretty-pet-it-pretty yarn on. (An xmas gift)

Socks where cables spiral around each other in a manner that is wholly an illusion, and is easy to knit. A pattern that I think I'll be able to actually chart and put up, unlike some of the more, shall we say, esoteric1 patterns I did in February and March.

The idea is this: A line of c2x2 twist up the foot, splitting into two cables that twist around the ankle, in opposite directions, propelled by KFBs and p2togs.

Anyway, I'm casting on a toe, and I'll see where it takes me!


  1. By which I mean 'needlessly complicated'.

0 comments: