Stitch Patterns - Charts

In a little more thinking aloud, I charted the stitch patterns that I'm currently thinking about. The sensible next step would be to swatch them, but I'm going to be daft and simply lifeline my socks in another few pattern repeats and use them as the swatch.

Because I'm thinking about these patterns for socks, they're all given as circular directions, rather than flat.

Seed Rib

The half above the black line is the normal pattern repeat. The part below is the general pattern for the gusset decreases.

Stitches with a green background are repeated.

Mistake Stitch Rib

This pattern uses a multiple of 4 stitches plus 3. The stritches in green are repeated.

Embedded Moss Stitch Rib

The six stitches of this pattern are repeated throughout.


ETA (08/02/2009): Updated with better chart images.

ETA (12/02/2009): Changed the Seed Rib pattern, because the pattern of decreases in the seed rows was near-impossible to explain.

0 comments: