Broad Street Mittens - Sleeve part 2

I have knit the right sleeve now. To fit my arm, it took a total of 68 rounds on 5mm DPNs. As well, to work the increases that were necessary to making the sleeve taper outward, I chose a style of increase that fit the pattern.

  1. Starting at the beginning of a rib, k3, p1, purl the front of the next stitch then knit the back (pfb). (6 stitches)
  2. k1, s1, k1, p3
  3. k2, p1, knit the front loop, then the back, of the next stitch (kfb), p1 (7 stitches)
  4. k1, s1, k1, p1, k2, p1
  5. k3, pfb, k2, pfb (9 stitches)
  6. k1, s1, k1, p2, k2, p2
  7. k3, p2, k1, kfb, p2 (10 stitches)
  8. k1, s1, k1, p2, k1, s1, k1, p2
  9. k3, p2, k3, p2

At this point, another rib has been added, appearing as a line of knit stitches in the middle of a column of purl stitches.

I did this twice, once after knitting 30 rounds and again after knitting 50. This allowed me to keep the glove tight around the wrist, flaring slightly as it approached my elbow.

Because I like the zigzag that the ribbing pattern gives, I alternated green and brown yarns for the majority of it, ending the upper sleeve with a change to green and grey for ten rounds each.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat swirling increases.
-D